Excellence is coming to Lake Zurich, at a restaurant called LAGO, the creation and vision of Fabio Viviani.
With an emphasis on steak and fine libation you will experience Italian tradition with an innovative twist. The cuts are only the thickest and finest and the seafood is unsurpassed.
The atmosphere is relaxed, while at the same time, sophisticated with a Neighborhood feel. You may even catch a glimpse of Fabio himself.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
Position: Line Cook
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment, etc.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- Experience in kitchen preparation and /or cooking
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and team-members
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20+ pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)