We are pleased to announce the launch of Taverna Costale in St. Petersburg, FL and are looking to welcome an experienced Line Cook to join our team. Our daily aim is to provide a welcoming and supportive environment in which those we work alongside grow while providing a warm, welcoming experience for our guests.
Taverna Costale is a local family-owned restaurant, pairing approachable hospitality with an elevated menu designed by Top Chef Fabio Viviani. It is the perfect blend of a rustic Italian eatery, an energetic local tavern, and an upscale modern restaurant.
With an eclectic menu, including coastal creations, and a focus on exciting cocktails and craft beer from independent breweries, Taverna Costale is sure to be a favorite for those who want to gather with friends.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
It is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Position: Line Cook
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment, etc.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- Experience in kitchen preparation and /or cooking
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and team-members
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20+ pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)