Curfew by Fabio Viviani is a full-service restaurant and craft bar dedicated to offering a bold and fresh perspective on classic Italian and American food, with a communal, neighborhood appeal.
Located in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile, this is a unique opportunity to help build something new. This is a great environment to be creative, working alongside passionate, talented people.
It's time to help us build the next great experience for Chicago. If you want to join us, please reach out to set up a time to chat. We look forward to hearing from you
More about our leader, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on two seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why? His drive for excellence and true culinary talent makes him a celebrated and revered chef. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego.
Position: Line Cook
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner.
- Ensure that guests feel important and welcome in the restaurant.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for. cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment, etc.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests.
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and /or cooking
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and team-members.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20+ pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)