As a Front of House Leader, you’ll keep our restaurant staff on track and guests satisfied. You'll be the face of our full-service restaurant, set standards for culinary creativity, provide impeccable guest service and serve menu items that pop. Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the assigned department(s) at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years; Prior food service background required
- Experience Desired: Experience in bar interaction; fine dining experience strongly preferred; Prior Retail leadership or supervisory experience and prior restaurant/bar experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and disciplinary record
- Education Required: Associates Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members'; productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
12. You also (i) customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more Team Members or their equivalent, (i.e., work totaling at least 80 regular hours a week), and (ii) you make recommendations as to hiring, firing, discipline or any other change in Team Member status.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect, setting an exemplary example and remembering that food is fun!
- Ensure that restaurant and bar quality, service and safety standards are met by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and coaching Restaurant team
- Identify strengths and opportunities on the Restaurant and Bar teams and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember that our people are our best asset!
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Assess guests' needs and preferences and make suggestions.
- Adhere to all liquor sales standards by ensuring that each guest is asked for identification and by assessing when guests should no longer be served.
- Analyze guest and Team Member Point of View surveys, with an eye for constantly improving service and scores.
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, keeping in mind that each Team Member has a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Enable unparalleled guest service by leading the Restaurant team by example, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Establish restaurant business plan by analyzing restaurant demand; benchmarking others in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing and sales projections.
- Control purchases and inventory, negotiate prices and contracts, develop preferred supplier and vendor lists, review and evaluate successes and opportunities.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals while also managing shrink and taking action to improve the department P&L.
- Write department orders, monitor ordering, and supervise stocking and receiving with the latest tools, including technology/automated ordering systems.
Osteria by Fabio Viviani: It is Market District’s commitment to organic, locally sourced selections, coupled with their focus on welcoming hospitality, that attracted celebrity chef Fabio Viviani to launch his signature restaurant in Carmel, IN. A renowned restauranteur with 30+ restaurants, 4 best-selling books, and countless appearances on national TV shows, his true obsession is partnering with other forward-thinking visionaries. It is this passion that makes the pairing of Fabio Viviani and Market District destined for greatness.