Chuck Lager America’s Tavern is dedicated to creating new stories and adventures for our customers to share for years to come. We are committed and confident in our menu, perfected by Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani, our vast offerings of craft bourbons and ice cold beers, and our amazing decadent desserts and spiked milkshakes.
No matter if it’s old college friends, co-workers, or family, we want everyone to know that Chuck Lager America’s Tavern makes getting together better.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help build that next great story.
More about our partner, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on three seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego. His drive for excellence and true culinary talent make him a celebrated and revered chef.
Position: Kitchen Manager
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Make employment decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- In conjunction with the executive chef, plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures
- Schedule staffing as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- A minimum of 5 years of kitchen leadership experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Proficient knowledge of systems and processes in food cost management
- Strong financial acumen; correct cash handling skills
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts and shifts with undefined end times
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)