Osteria is a full-service restaurant and craft bar dedicated to offering a bold and fresh perspective on classic Italian food, with a communal, neighborhood appeal.
Nestled in Chicago’s Downers Grove, ingredients sourced from regional farms will come together to highlight cuisine from Northern, Central and Southern Italy, that have been perfected by Celebrity Chef Fabio Viviani.
We aspire to uphold our namesake, by being a gracious host that embodies a collective approach. We want each service to be immensely welcoming and for each guest to experience a comforting familiarity within our walls.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
More about our partner, Fabio Viviani. Fabio was on three seasons of the television competition show Top Chef and won the title of “Fan Favorite.” When you meet him, you will understand why. He is a celebrity without the celebrity ego. His drive for excellence and true culinary talent make him a celebrated and revered chef.
Position: General Manager
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Ensure the excellence of the service and hospitality provided by the entire team
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Ensure effective hiring, training, development, promotion and performance management
- Guide all unit departments in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations
- Manage all P&L considerations according to budget; verifying all payroll on a per pay period basis
- Ensure the business delivers on the brand promise while achieving desired profitability
- Develop and implement creative strategies for revenue enhancement and cost containment
- Running hands-on shifts during volume periods
- Adheres to, and ensures all team-members adhere to, all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Base knowledge of spirits, beer, wine, and inventory procedures preferred but not required. Will train as necessary. Willingness and eagerness to learn are required.
- Passion for food and beverage, and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests.
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- Experience in Restaurant/Hospitality Leadership with a focus in wine and cocktails.
- Proficient knowledge of systems and processes in food and beverage cost management
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Excellent communicate skills to effectively work and guide the management team and team members as well as speaking with guests
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts, both lunch and dinner service.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20+ pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time