Excellence is coming to Lake Zurich, at a restaurant called LAGO, the creation and vision of Fabio Viviani.
With an emphasis on steak and fine libation you will experience Italian tradition with an innovative twist. The cuts are only the thickest and finest and the seafood is unsurpassed.
The atmosphere is relaxed, while at the same time, sophisticated with a Neighborhood feel. You may even catch a glimpse of Fabio himself.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
Position: Sous Chef
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership in the kitchen with staff and during service.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in progressive kitchen positions including leadership.
- Must be able to give direction to kitchen team-members regarding recipes, cooking technique, and safety.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50+ pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.