BABB Hospitality, in conjunction with Fabio Viviani Hospitality, is looking to add a Back of House Manager to our growing team!
About BABB Hospitality - Our philosophy is simple: People first. We obsess over the people we bring into our family. We focus on putting good in to get good out and set an industry leading standard believing if you take care of your people, the business will take care of itself.
We believe in seizing the moment and look to attract the best of the best as we grow and evolve into creating high quality concepts and other opportunities throughout the hospitality industry.
About Fabio Viviani Hospitality - Fabio Viviani has harbored a passion for food since his childhood in Florence, Italy. He hit the national spotlight in Bravo’s Top Chef seasons 5 and 8 - earning the “Fan Favorite” title - his on-screen appearances and off-screen successes have propelled him to become one of the most influential culinary and hospitality names in the country.
He has successfully launched multiple concepts and brands throughout the United States from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale to Chicago and Southern California since 2005.
Position: Back of House Manager
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Make employment decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- In conjunction with the executive chef, plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures
- Schedule staffing as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- A minimum of 5 years of kitchen leadership experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
- Proficient knowledge of systems and processes in food cost management
- Strong financial acumen; correct cash handling skills
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts and shifts with undefined end times
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)