The Hot Coffee Shop is in the lobby Hotel Motto in Chelsea- 113 W 24th St.
The ultimate Coffee Shop experience is to feel as if you were walking into a café in Italy. This downtown hotel café offers world class customer service coupled with authentic handcrafted espresso drinks, quality teas, and tasty treats and sandwiches.
Helmed by Fabio Viviani, best known for his participation in Bravo’s Top Chef Season 5 and 8, has over 35 venues in the U.S., including successful locations in Florida, Illinois, Oklahoma, California, Michigan, West Virginia. Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, and New York.
A barista will greet guests, answer their questions, take orders, accept payments, and prepare and serve food and drinks so it is important to be passionate about all thing’s food and beverage. Successful baristas are committed to providing customers with excellent service while sharing their knowledge of coffee, tea, and food offerings in their café. The café environment is fast paced and requires the ability to multitask. Quality applicants will be positive, friendly, and knowledgeable.
· Greet customers as they enter. Connect with guests, help them find what they are looking for, and answer their questions regarding ingredients
· Take orders - paying attention to the details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios), communicating orders, and expediting lines.
· Prepare beverages following recipes
· Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
· Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
· Keep the café clean – both behind the counter in the bar area and the seating area as well
· Keep workspace well-stocked and update displays where/when necessary
· Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
· Comply with health and safety regulations
· Communicate customer feedback to managers
· Continuously expand knowledge of food and beverage, quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation of all products offered in café.