We are pleased to announce the launch of Taverna Costale in St. Petersburg, FL and are looking to welcome a Prep Cook to join our team. Our daily aim is to provide a welcoming and supportive environment in which those we work alongside grow while providing a warm, welcoming experience for our guests.
Taverna Costale is a local family-owned restaurant, pairing approachable hospitality with an elevated menu designed by Top Chef Fabio Viviani. It is the perfect blend of a rustic Italian eatery, an energetic local tavern, and an upscale modern restaurant.
With an eclectic menu, including coastal creations, and a focus on exciting cocktails and craft beer from independent breweries, Taverna Costale is sure to be a favorite for those who want to gather with friends.
If you believe in this idea and vision, it’s time to help us build the next great experience for our guests.
It is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Position: Prep Cook
- Provide quality, and genuine, hospitality in a timely manner
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies with quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work-station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, refrigeration equipment etc.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and ensuring an excellent dining experience for all guests
- Energetic and genuine positive attitude while interacting with team-members and all guests
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and team-members
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40+ pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)